Monday, February 21, 2011

(Monday) February 21, 2011 - Lend Lease, DDB

Today we had to visit two companies: Lend Lease and DDB. I was very happy that I had a chance to go and visit both companies, as I heard of Lend Lease before when I did management subject in the Monash College. On the other hand, I saw many cool projects from the DDB website before the tour started. That is why it made me feel so excited!

First when we went inside the building that Lend Lease office located, we found that the wall of the building is not a normal wall like other buildings. It is rock! That makes this building look more special and has more felling of being ‘Green.’ Additionally, when I saw the office of Lend Lease, it really made me want to work here. If I were an employee, I would keep looking forward to come to work everyday. I also saw that here at Lend Lease have some same facilities like Google such as providing drinks free for employees.

During the presentation, we were given an example of some projects, which all of them were about shopping centres. I have learnt that looking after the project like shopping centres is not as easy as I thought. The structure and the location of each service such as parking lot, parent room and so forth are very important aspects in delivering convenience to the customers, which directly links to customers’ satisfaction.

On the other hand, we were presented with a lot of projects, which are very creative, at DDB. This was because DDB is an advertisement company that mainly focuses on creativity, as the drive of the business. There were two projects that I love the most when I saw and heard about it. First of all was the McDonald’s playground for adults because I just looked at it, I was totally love it without any reasons. I was sure that other people would think of the same thing, as many people also wanted to turn back to kids when they grown up. This campaign can remind adults of good memories they had when they were young. Another one was the idea of ‘Cabbie-Oke’ that was created with an aim to change a perception of Telstra from ‘boring’ to ‘fun,’ which I think that it is very clever!  


No comments:

Post a Comment