Tuesday, February 15, 2011

(Tuesday) February 15, 2011 - Super Retail Group

The first day of our study tour (MMSPA) started with a meeting at the Virgin Blue counter in the early morning. I admitted that I was worried and not sure whether I can get along with other people in the group. Nevertheless, I was very excited because this was the first day of the study tour and this was also the first time that I fly with Virgin Blue.

In my opinion about flying with Virgin Blue, at first I was a little bit disappointed when I found out that the plane was much smaller and it did not provide as many services as Thai Airline did, as I compared it with my experiences that I mostly fly with Thai Airline. However, when I thought about this again, I realised that I should not compare Virgin Blue with Thai Airline, as they position themselves differently. Virgin Blue positions itself as a low fare airline, while Thai airline positions itself as a service focused airline. In addition, the flight that I flew with Virgin Blue was domestic flight, meaning that it would take merely few hours to get to the destination; therefore, it should not surprise me how the plane of Virgin Blue was not as big as Thai Airline, which I always fly internationally.

When we arrived Brisbane before heading to the hotel and Super Retail Group, I can see that everyone was exhausted. However, the experience that we got from the first company visit was impressive. During the presentation, it was very easy to see how these presenters are passionate about their company. Additionally, what I learnt from the presentation changed my perspective about the retail industry, as I never thought that it is very important to understand and engage customers with the brand. Even though I knew that it is important, I did not know how to engage with them. However, their ideas of Club BCF and events are really great! At the end of the company visit, I have learnt that if your employees are passionate about your company, this can drive the company into success; and if you can engage with your customers who are passionate about what you are doing or operating, your company is successful without doubt.


No comments:

Post a Comment