Thursday, February 17, 2011

(Thursday) February 17, 2011 - Gold Coast Media Centre / Southern Cross Media

Finally, we were at Gold Coast, the city of sunshine~! I can see how much people missed sunny day, as it always rained in Brisbane. After we arrived Gold Coast, we just headed directly to Gold Coast Media Centre, where we had a chance to see inside the radio station and how they operate, which was a very great experience.

After the visit, Sandra and Kristy gave us a free time before having dinner together at the Hard Rock Café, so my friends and I decided to go and shop a little bit before the dinner. This was the first time that I come to Gold Coast and I never expected that the atmosphere and everything would be like Hawaii! I totally love it! That made us feel more like ‘holiday with friends’ more than ‘attending a marketing study tour,’ but since we came here with the marketing study tour, I think I can see everything around me more related to ‘marketing.’

For example, when we had dinner at Hard Rock Café, I can understand the entertainment experience that had been mentioned in many journals. From the first step that we walked into this café, we all saw the way they decorated, the music they played, the food menu they provided to the waitress who came and served us, they were all led to an entertainment experience. However, we found that perhaps there were too many cues happening during our experience. It was difficult to have a conversation during the meal, as the music was too loud and the staffs seemed to be too energetic somehow, as they shouted at each other.

Well, but everything that has been mentioned above matched the theme of the restaurant, so it should not be any problems. It was just a thought that popped up into our mind that perhaps it had too many things occurring, which might lead to a negative experience for some people.


No comments:

Post a Comment